The President of the Republic of South Africa, His Excellency President JG Zuma will host the 3rd Local Government Summit as part of Government’s efforts to strengthen the system of local government in the second phase of the Back to Basics programme.
- To set a new intergovernmental agenda for ‘Managing Municipal Spaces for Radical Social and Economic Transformation’;
- To strengthen the system of local government in the second phase of the B2B programme, reflecting on successes, challenges and the developmental role of local government;
- To discuss the centrality of integrated and spatially coherent development planning across sectors and spheres;
- To discuss the importance of intergovernmental and multi-stakeholder relations in Disaster Risk Reduction with specific focus on building resilient communities; and
- To provide an opportunity for the President to interact with leaders in national, provincial and local spheres of government, and with business, labour and other stakeholders.