The Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma will on Sunday, 10 November 2019 convene the MinMec Meeting.
The meeting is taking place at a time when focus on delivery of services to South Africans is heightened. The District Development Model is one of the key strategic interventions that is adopted by the 6th administration. The MinMec Meeting is also taking place following the launch of the model in two Provinces and ahead of the launch in Waterberg, Limpopo Province.
The meeting is also taking place at a time when parts of the country are experiencing drought conditions which have led to low dam levels.
Matters for consideration and discussion will therefore include the following:
- Municipal Cost Containment Regulations, 2019
- Update on the Rollout of the District Development Model
- Consolidated Reports of Provinces on the Institutionalization and Implementation of the District Development Model
- Report on Municipal Debts to Eskom and Water Boards
- Report on the Engagements with Amakhosi and Congress of Traditional Leaders of South Africa (CONTRALESA)
In addition to the discussions, the meeting will also receive a report on the current drought conditions from the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) .
The meeting is scheduled to take place as follows:
– Date: 10 November 2019
– Time: 11:00
– Venue: ICC – Durban (Room 22).
The Minister will brief the public on the outcomes of MinMec and on the issue of Drought.
Enquiries: Mlungisi Mtshali