REF NO: 24847/01 (Five Year Contract Post) Re-advertisement and candidates who had previously applied are encouraged to re-apply
SALARY: R1 978 533 per annum. (Level 16) (An all-inclusive remuneration package) The package includes a basic salary (70% of package), and a flexible portion that may be structured in terms of the applicable guidelines.
REQUIREMENTS: An undergraduate qualification and a post graduate qualification (NQF level 8) as recognised by SAQA plus 8 to 10 years of experience at a senior management level (at least 3 years of which must be with any organ of State as defined in the Constitution, Act 108 of 1996). Technical Competencies:
- Inter-Governmental Relations Frameworks
- Municipal System Act and Structure Act
- Government systems and structures
- Political landscape of South Africa
- Provincial and local government systems
- Public Service Transformation
- Public Finance Management Act
- Public Service Act
- Public Service Regulations.
DUTIES: As the Director-General, the successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Provide strategic leadership and support on the coordination and drive back to basic activities across the Department and government as a whole in order to create change on the ground.
- Provide strategic leadership and support in building institutional resilience in the local government system through system development, governance, capacity building and revenue management.
- Provide strategic leadership and support in promoting an integrated and coordinated system of disaster management and fire services.
- Provide strategic support and overall management of community works programme within the three spheres of government.
- Provide strategic leadership and support with regard to financial management service in the Department.
- Provide strategic leadership and support on integrated corporate services to the Department.
- Provide strategic direction in Internal Audit and Risk Management as indicated in the PFMA and Treasury Regulations.
ENQUIRIES: Ms M.G. Mahlangu, Tel.No: (012) 334 0517
APPLICATIONS: Applications may be posted to URS Response Handling, P O Box 11506, Tiegerpoort, 0056, submitted electronically via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: 086 415 5709,
Enquiries regarding applications and Response Handling, Tel No: (012) 811 1900.
CLOSING DATE : 21 February 2020