Good governance is at the heart of the effective functioning of municipalities. Municipalities will be constantly monitored and evaluated on their ability to carry out the following basics:
- The holding of Council meetings as legislated.
- The functionality of oversight structures, s79 committees, audit committees and District IGR Forums
- Whether or not there has been progress following interventions over the last 3 – 5 years.
- Assess the existence and efficiency of Anti-Corruption measures.
- The extent to which there is compliance with legislation and the enforcement of by laws
- The rate of service delivery protests and approaches to address them