Sound financial management is integral to the success of local government. National Treasury has legislated standards and reporting requirements, and based on our monitoring of the indicators, we will identify the key areas emerging from the profiles and partner with National Treasury to support the remedial process.
Performance against the following basic indicators will be constantly assessed:
- The number disclaimers in the last three five years.
- Whether the budgets are cash backed.
- The percentage revenue collected.
- The extent to which debt is serviced.
- The efficiency and functionality of supply chain management.