CoGTA Minister Richard Baloyi to launch strategic infrastructure projects
The honourable Minister of Corporative Governance and Traditional Affairs (CoGTA), Mr. Richard Baloyi, invites the media to the Strategic Integrated Project Number 7 (SIP 7) launch which is chaired by the Honourable Minister. SIP 7 is one of 17 Presidential Infrastructure Co-ordinating Commissions (PICC) which are overseen by 14 Ministers.LAUNCH DETAILS:
DATE FRIDAY, 11 MAY 2012
TIME 09:30 FOR 10:00 TILL 12:00
VENUE BIRCHWOOD HOTEL, KEMPTON PARK
Cabinet established the Presidential Infrastructure and Co-ordinating Commission (PICC) in July 2011, in order to co-ordinate the long-term infrastructure development programmes of the Country.
In the initial phase, SIP 7 will focus its service delivery on twelve major urban areas where most our country’s urban population resides (Johannesburg, Cape Town, eThekwini, Tshwane, Buffalo City, Ekurhuleni, Mangaung, Mbombela, Msunduzi, Nelson Mandela and Polokwane).
Please join us at the launch as we:
- unpack the Strategic Integrated Projects Commission number seven (SIP 7) Chaired by Minister Baloyi;
- List the projects to be undertaken at the various Metros;
- The money set aside for the projects;
- The co-ordination of the projects within the various Metros and
- The infrastructure partners which include state-owned entities as part of service delivery under SIP 7.
Issued by the Ministry of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs.
For RSVP please contact:
Mr Nkanyiso Ndadane
Contact: 076 059 6546
For further information and request for interviews please contact:
Ms Tsakane Baloyi
Media Liaison Officer
Contact: 082 561 3682 / 082 883 5319