Professor Charles Muzamani Nwaila
- Prof. Muzamani Nwaila is Director-General in the Department of Traditional Affairs, a position he has held since September 2010.
- He holds a DLitt in English from the University of Pretoria, a Master’s degree in English from Durham University United Kingdom, and a BA (Hons) degree from the University of the Witswatersrand (Wits). He also acquired management and leadership qualifications from Reading and Leeds universities in the UK, from the Graduate School of Public and Development Management at Wits, and from Galilee College in Israel.
- Prof. Nwaila has been in the public service for 36 years, with his professional career including appointments as Director-General for Traditional Affairs, Director-General for the Free State provincial government, Superintendent-General for the Department of Education in the Free State, and chief director for the Gauteng Department of Education.
- He has been a member of the Gauteng Provincial Ministry’s strategic team, and also served as adjunct professor at Wits, and deputy chair of the University of the Free State Council.
- Prof. Nwaila has been involved in several community projects and is a founder member and president of the Free State Society of Public Administration and Governance.