Purpose: To promote an integrated and co-ordinated system of disaster prevention, mitigation and risk management
- Develop, strengthen and manage the regulatory frameworks and oversee institutional arrangements relating to disaster risk management.
- Coordinate disaster interventions and emergency support and facilitate rehabilitation projects.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of an integrated provincial support, monitoring and evaluation system for disaster response management.
- Oversee and manage fire services established in terms of the Fire Brigade Services Act.
- Provide information technology and communications management systems for disaster risk management.
Deputy Director-General: DrÂ Mmaphaka Tau