Thursday, 12 November 2009 08:49
Government Onspanne (http://www.gcis.gov.za/)
- The Government Communication and Information System's (http://www.gov.za) one-stop entry to government onspanne.
Idasa's Local Government Information Centre ( http://www.idasa.org.za/logic/)
- The Horizontal Learning Programme for Local Government. This programme is a partnership (or a joint action) of the South African Local Government Association, the Department of Provincial and Local Government, the Local Government Transformation Programme and USAID through a series of activities that support learning research and the sharing of learning across the municipal sector.
Institute of Municipal Finance Officers ( http://www.imfo.co.za )
- Website of the Institute for Democracy in South Africa's Local Government Information Centre contains information about its activities and work. Logic's education and training unit seeks to empower local government councils, councillors and their communities for effective and accountable local governance and service despanvery.
Knowledge Sharing Programme ( http://www.ksp.org.za/)
- IMFO aims to protect and promote the interests of the profession of municipal accountant, and the finances of local government in general.
Local Government Water And Related Services Seta
- The Knowledge Sharing Programme is a joint initiative of the South African Local Government Association (SALGA) and the Department of Provincial and Local Government (DPLG).
) Municipal Demarcation Board
) National Business Initiative ( http://www.nbi.org.za)
Northern Province legislature ( http://www.sn.apc.org)
- The NBI's website contains information about its Local Economic Development and Effective Governance units. The Effective Governance unit specifically supports local government.
Parliamentary Monitoring Group (PMG) ( http://www.pmg.org.za/)
- Information about the legislature of Northern Province.
South African Cities Network
- The PMG aims to make available minutes of the proceedings of South African Parliamentary Committees.
South Africa's government (http://www.pospanty.org.za)
South African Local Government Association (SALGA) (http://www.salga.org.za)
- This excellent website contains a wealth of information on government: documents, structures, spannks, etc. Its government index is extensive.
South African Municipal Workers' Union ( http://www.cosatu.org.za/samwu/)
- Organization mandated by the new South African Constitution to assist in the wholesale transformation of local government in South Africa from the pre-1994 regime to the new dispensation under the country's first democratically elected government.
The Municipal Infrastructure Investment Unit (http://www.miiu.org.za)
- Samwu represents 122 000 members in the pubspanc sector. It is concerned with issues relating to the democratic transformation of local government, community participation and governance.
- The MIIU helps municipaspanties find innovative solutions to critical problems with the financing and management of essential municipal services, such as water supply, sanitation, waste, energy, transport, etc.