The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC), a branch of the Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG), hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the external Bursary Programme for the 2022 academic year. The NDMC Bursary Programme seeks to fund selected students towards an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in Disaster Management or a field associated with Disaster Management at a South African public Institution of Higher Learning in South Africa, excluding Certificates and PhD qualifications.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- Applicants must have applied/been accepted/registered for Disaster Management or a field associated with Disaster Management at a South African public Institution of Higher Learning of their choice by the time the bursary is advertised;
- Unemployed applicants must have proof of household income of less than R350 000.00 per annum or an Affidavit in the case of a zero-household income;
- Employed applicants must have proof of income of less than R350 000.00 per annum;
- Applicants must be South African citizens;
- First preference will be given to students studying towards a Disaster Management qualification; and
- Applications for Certificates or PHD qualifications will NOT be considered for this funding.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms: • Brief Curriculum Vitae • A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 50% and above (students already at Institutions of Higher Learning should have obtained an average of 50% and above in all major subjects and must attach the 2021 academic year results) • Proof of application/acceptance/registration for Disaster Management or a field associated with Disaster Management • Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document • Proof of income (for parents/guardians in the case of dependents) or an Affidavit with supporting documents in cases where the applicant is an orphan • Proof of income in the case of employed applicants • Disclosure of other sources of financial support.
ALLOWANCES: The Bursary Programme will cover the following:
- Tuition fees, including registration • Learning resources (where applicable, capped at R5 500.00)
Research allowance (where applicable, capped at R11 000.00).
- Application forms are available from the NDMC website: www.ndmc.gov.za, or at the end of this article as well as on the Department of Public Service and Administration’s website: www.dpsa.gov.za. Successful students are expected to enter into a bursary contract with DCoG through the NDMC. The agreement contains all general provisions related to the bursary programme.
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO: The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X804, Pretoria, 0001 OR hand-delivered at 1303 Heuwel Avenue, Riverside Office Park, Letaba House, Second Floor, Centurion, 0046 OR made online at this link: http://onlinebursary.ndmc.gov.za/
All enquiries should be directed to: Mr Mokhurumelo Harold Kgwetiane, tel. (012) 848 4615 / cell: 060 983 6914 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ms Koketso Muriel Mpshane, tel. (012) 848 4654 / cell: 073 426 3410 or email: email@example.com
Applications submitted by email as well as late applications will NOT be considered.
Correspondence will be limited to successful candidates on or before 31 December 2021.
Closing Date for Applications: 05 November 2021
You can download the application form: