A functional and developmental local government system that delivers on its Constitutional and legislative mandates within a system of cooperative governance
This Vision is in line with the objectives of Chapter 13 of the National Development Plan: ‘Building a capable and developmental State’
Our mission is to ensure that all municipalities perform their basic responsibilities and functions consistently by:
- Putting people and their concerns first;
- Supporting the delivery of municipal services to the right quality and standard;
- Promoting good governance, transparency and accountability;
- Ensuring sound financial management and accounting; and
- Building institutional resilience and administrative capability.
This mission is directly adopted from the 5 Pillars of the Back to Basics Campaign.