Inclusive, cohesive, developed and sustainable traditional and interfaith communities.
Informed by the NDP, MTSF (Government Outcomes), the Department’s mission is to transform, develop and promote cohesiveness and sustainability of traditional and interfaith communities through:
- Developing, implementing, monitoring and reviewing traditional affairs legislation, policies, norms and standards.
- Monitoring and providing support to the institution in its administration of the affairs of traditional communities in accordance with customs and traditions.
- Developing mechanisms for structures of traditional leadership to support municipalities in the identification of community needs.
- Facilitating the involvement of traditional communities in the development or amendment of IDPs within their areas.
- Monitoring and providing support to the structures of traditional leadership in their participation and promotion of development and service delivery within their communities.
- Monitoring the participation of structures of traditional leadership in the development of policy and legislation at local level.
- Monitoring the participation of structures of traditional leadership in the development programmes of municipalities, provincial and national spheres of government.
- Monitoring the promotion of the ideals of cooperative governance, integrated development planning, sustainable development and service delivery by structures of traditional leadership;
- Monitoring the promotion of indigenous knowledge systems by the institution of traditional leadership and ensuring that they are in accordance with Constitutional principles.
- Developing appropriate policies, legislation, norms, standards, systems and regulatory framework governing traditional affairs.
- Coordinating the interfaith sector to promote social cohesion and nation-building.
Community and development-oriented, Accountability, Professionalism, Integrity, Excellence, Respect, Teamwork, Information sharing and communication.
|Deputy Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs
Mr Obed Bapela
Private Bag X802, PRETORIA, 0001
87 Hamilton Street, Arcadia, PRETORIA, 0001
|Name & Surname||Position||Phone|
|Mr Sifiso Ngcobo||Head of Office||SifisoN@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 0926
Cell: 071 421 9592
|Ms. Unathi Sityaya||Personal Assistant||UnitahiS@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 0827
Cell: 079 325 4795
|Office of the Director-General: Mr Mashwahle Diphofa
Ms. Charlotte More
Tel: 012 334 5859
Mobile: 079 872 5996
|Ms. Anna Maluleke||Personal Assistant||AnnaM@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 4981
Cell: 083 647 6167
|Mr. Clifford Mogatjane||Parliamentary Officer||CliffordM@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 4973
|Ms. Modiegi Madiga||Communications||ModiegiM@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 395 4791
|Mr. Machupe Nkadimeng||Finance||MachupeN@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 4982
|Ms. Edith Ngubeni||Procurement||EdithN@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 0652
|Mr. Abram Sithole||CEO: National House of Traditional Leaders (NHTL)||SitholeaM@cogta.gov.za||Tel: 012 334 4910
Cell: 071 600 7917